RCK #002 - LANGUAGE IMMERSION PRESCHOOLS WITH KACI SCHACK
Language Immersion Preschools
With Kaci Schack, Ep 002.
Kaci Schack, founder of Language Preschools is Mum of two, a native English speaker, living in Dallas Texas, with German heritage.
Kaci is passionate about not only learning the German language but also finding creative ways to introduce the language to her children. Kaci recently started languagepreschools.com as a way to help other families immerse their kids into another language from a young age.
In this episode, Kaci shares a little it about her experiences of sending her son to a German language preschool. We chat about transitions, kicking goals and of course, we ask and answer the important questions will help you to find the right immersion preschool within your local community in terms of offering bilingual programs.
- How she became interested in language learning as an adult (after a subpar high school French experience)
- Why she chose German for herself and my family
- Her son’s first experiences with his German immersion preschool (and how quickly he adapted and picked up the language after a rocky first month)
- How LanguagePreschools.com got its start — and her mission for the website
- Some tips for parents who are considering a language immersion preschool for their child
- And much more!
TRANSITIONS; One season into another...
Key Points I Discussed:
A screenshot of her season.
-Motherhood, transition, feelings of being unprepared,
Light bulb moment.
Came across a blog, and made the decision.
“ What better could I be doing with my brain while I’m still on maternity leave”
“ This is going to be a game changer.”
The “Why” and the “What.”
-The reason for starting her business now and what her “thing” is.
What exactly is a “ Language Immersion Preschool.”
- The benefits and foundation it builds but also the need for something not limited to just the school term.
- Insight into her sons first week at a language immersion preschool compared to being 3 months into his learning journey, including positive feedback from teachers.
“If you’re not fluent in the language, but you want your child to learn, is this a challenge?”
Kaci gives a reassuring encouragement that it’s not as challenging as it is perceived to be at all.
What to expect after your child has been enrolled into a Language Emersion Preschool.
- Effortlessly speak to teachers in another language.
- A greater understanding of German and what teachers were saying.
TAKING THAT FIRST STEP AND TOP 10 QUESTIONS TO ASK
Check out one of Kaci’s Top 10 questions to ask a Language Emersion Preschool.
“You do you. Don’t worry about what other people think, know languages are important for your family and just full steam ahead!” – Kaci Schack.
“I hope hearing Kaci’s story has encouraged you that you don’t have to be the only one engaging your child in another language and that there is a huge support option available to you, one of which being Language Preschools, which is a fantastic platform, resource, and community to equip, empower and encourage you on your journey. You don’t need to do it all at once, as long as you’re taking steps.”
I would love to know if you're sending your kids to a language preschool or if you're thinking about it. Feel free to DM me and let me know what you're thinking. If you’re feeling brave, I want you to take a picture of yourself or your surroundings and tag me @theculturedkid in your Instagram Stories telling me what language you'd love to teach your little ones
We would love to hear from you! Get connected, get involved, send us your, stories, or any of your questions!
CONNECT WITH KACI
Kaci is amazing. Not only is she a native English speaker, teaching her son German, but she's also learning it herself. You can follow more of her journey.